Sunday, July 20, 2008

Signs, Signs, Everywhere Signs!

It seems that everywhere you look there is some sign trying to catch you eye to give you direction, tell you location or sell you something....

Its interesting when you look at a sign and it says one thing..... you read only a "portion" of it and it now takes on a whole new meaning.

During my recent visit to the Orange County Fair I found some signs that caught my eye as funny, interesting and open to one's own interpretation. I hope you enjoy them and I am interested to hear your thoughts and comments on these little "signs" of life....



This is actually on the recycle can

its like there should be more to it....


See "Its all good!"



This is just to let everyone know that not ALL
food in Cali is "salads" and "sushi"


LMAO! Ok, I admit it, I altered the
"old man shakes" line in PhotoShop
Sorry, I couldnt resist.... It must have
been Osh's OMW comments...



Apparently this was the theme for this
years fair....
Yeah, the only curds they had....
were pictures of curds... WTH?


So could this be a ride...
or
a midway game?


Ha ha .... guess this answers the question...


PhotoShop could have fun with this one!


Yeah, I know, this one is pretty simple....
but I still had to have the pic


Care to add the noun?


Ok, this just makes you pause...


Whats the "one"...?
and
What do I "win"?


Reggae anyone?



Do you REALLY want to eat one of these?


Or one of these?


And if you read this one just right
you might get a different thought
(I didnt know that a pig's shoulder had a "BUTT" LMAO!)



WARNING: Objects in this
picture MUST be smaller
than they actually appear...



Yup! This says it ALL!

As does this one!

Proof that a fair will
fry you!


Seriously,
Whats wrong wit this one?


Again, care to add a noun?

And of course, you always need a sign
to tell you what to do!


Happy Monday!!!

Commodore Minxie

PS: Sad news, the little chicky died tonight....my heart is sad, he was a treat to have around. RIP LuLu......

15 comments:

shakenbsis said...

Terribly sorry to hear about LuLu, Minxie...
my heart breaks for you ;(

Lotus said...

Minxie, I am sorry about LuLu. Very sad, indeed.

But OMG! Signs are TFF! I have pictures (on film) of a cemetary up north near our cabin, I'll have to try and find the signs pointing toward it. The first sign says, "Restlawn Cemetary" and it is across the road and in front of the cemetary's first driveway. A few feet away in front of the second cemetary driveway and for a nearby dump sits a sign that reads "Recycling Center," with an arrow pointing toward the cemetary. When you you look at them at the same time you see, "Restlawn Cemetary Recyling Center." OMG! Thanks for the laughs!

callie said...

Hi Minxie, I have never left a comment on your blog but I just wanted to tell you how much I have enjoyed your blog, especially your meeting Johnny Depp!!!! The reason I am writing you is I know you met Johnny, how did he seem? The reason I ask is because I frequent a Vanessa Paradis website that is all worried because she has not been wearing her diamond that Johnny gave her a long time ago. In May the National Enquirer (crap) had written an article about Vanessa being upset that Johnny was giving Marion too much attention. They then published a photo that some idiot from I think Wisconsin had sold to the NE. It shows Johnny kissing Marion hello. I know this is long but I was wondering if Johnny seemed in a good mood? I hope all is alright with Vanessa and Johnny, my favorite couple. Thanks again for you great blog!!!

callie said...

Hi Minxie, I have never left a comment on your blog but I just wanted to tell you how much I have enjoyed your blog, especially your meeting Johnny Depp!!!! The reason I am writing you is I know you met Johnny, how did he seem? The reason I ask is because I frequent a Vanessa Paradis website that is all worried because she has not been wearing her diamond that Johnny gave her a long time ago. In May the National Enquirer (crap) had written an article about Vanessa being upset that Johnny was giving Marion too much attention. They then published a photo that some idiot from I think Wisconsin had sold to the NE. It shows Johnny kissing Marion hello. I know this is long but I was wondering if Johnny seemed in a good mood? I hope all is alright with Vanessa and Johnny, my favorite couple. Thanks again for you great blog!!!

~Minxie~ said...

Hi Callie.... thanks for posting.

To answer your question, Johnny seemed fine when I met him. You have to understand, I do NOT know him personally so I have no basis of comparison. He was laughing and joking and seemed very happy.

Honestly, I think that TOO many "fans" put importance on whether Vanessa is wearing a ring or not. (I have seen the comments on the internet) The picture that was sold to the NE was an innocent hello between Johnny and Marion (like they would have a rendezvous in front of HUNDREDS of film crew!) There could be a hundred different reasons that Vanessa is not wearing her ring (maybe it is being repaired, maybe it was lost, maybe she just doesnt feel like wearing it, maybe she and JD want to give people something to talk about). Bottom line is that WE dont know what the reason is...
I wish Johnny and Vanessa all the happiness in the world... and sending them love and light is the best way to be supportive as a fan and NOT feeding the gossip train that seems to follow them.

Thanks again for writing.... I hope I have helped relieve your concerns.

Robbi said...

Awwww Minxie I am sorry about LuLu...
She was alittle cutie...RIP LuLu


On a brighter note.Those signs are the greatest!!!

Lotus! that is hilarious!

Hope all are having a good Monday..

lawgirl said...

Minxie, so sorry to hear about your chick.

The signs are awesome. I especially liked the kid with the smiling face that said private entrance.

You also made me look at things with a dirty mind, and I am usually so innocent(just kidding).

~Minxie~ said...

Has anyone noticed what is wrong with the "Pirates ride" sign?

Lawgirl~ I didnt make you do it.... your innocent mind just kind of went there.... ;)

-Sir Jack said...

Sorry to hear about little LuLu. My sympathies Minxie.

About the pirate ride...it's to infinity and beyond the wrong costume....it's Buzz Lightyear!!
Where's the flippin' pirate, love??

Great sign blog...really liked your pix..and really liked Lotus' sign story too. LMAO

Catch you later, love!!

callie said...

Minxie, Thanks for your reply. Everything you said is right on. Half the time I can't wear my rings because of water weight gain. I am so sorry about your baby chick. Love all your signs!!!!

Robbi said...

Sir Jack got the answer...
That is what I was going to say..
I read them all over again...
Way to funny!!!

Blaznfire911 said...

OH NO! I am so sorry to hear that the little guy/girl passed away! RIP Lu!

It's hard raising small babies like that...maybe you will have better sucsess with other ones that hatch...I'm so sorry Minx!

BTW- WTH is going on with the cheese in Cali? How can you advertise cheese curds, and NOT sell any????? I think a letter needs to be written LOL

Those signs are pretty funny! Again....WTH is up with the pirate sign with a picture of buzz lightyear on it??? Isn't he a space ranger??? LOL

Vicky

Blaznfire911 said...

Minxie you got mail!

Jaded said...

awww poor little chicky, and poor Hugggable thats so sad. I'm sorry

CaptainJack said...

Hi babe...was so sorry to hear about the LuLu last night. I know that was hard for you. I miss hearing the chirps on the phone. :(

Love your signs, and as ALWAYS, your witty captions!!